Monday, May 27, 2013

Prayers are Answered!

May 27, 2013

I have truly been humbled today. I have been praying for a transfer that would push my limits and give me spiritual experiences to grow my testimony and that prayer was answered today at our transfer meeting. We all get together in a church and President Souza gives us a motivational speech and sister Souza spoke about the cleanliness of our houses. Then Presidente Souza announced the new district leaders, zone leaders, secretaries and assistants. I received the call last night that I would be leaving my area, going to another. With my bags packed, Elder Harmon and I head off to the transfer meeting. Today I was called to be the first assistant to the Presidente of the Mission Brazil Fortaleza East. When Presidente called my name and I went to the front I felt the spirit very strong, and I know that my prayer was answered. My companion is Elder Sampaio from Brasil. We have been great friends through the mission and we are very excited to help the growth here in the new mission. So my mission Presidente is President Fusco. He is about 50 (your age dad!) and he is from Sao Paulo. Tomorrow we are going with the other two assistants to get training and we will go to get the new missionaries from the airport tomorrow afternoon. (25 missionaries) But I am really feeling humbled and all of your prayers would be lots of help. I am very excited for this new adventure!!!

We were in a meeting with our old bishop yesterday and he called us over with a very big smile on his face. He gave Elder Harmon and I a great big hug. We were thinking what happened?..... He explained that 5 weeks ago we made a goal to get our frequency from 115 to 150 until august. The ward had divided when I arrived with Elder Lopes, and they were wanting growth. He told us that yesterday we had 151 people in the church!!! We passed the goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was a very exciting announcement. We had to then tell the bad news, that Elder Harmon and I would be leaving the area. We were both transferred, and Elder Harmon is a Zone leader in another area now. There was a member of the bishopric (Fabio) that cried when we told him (the man that gave us the shirts) It is sad to leave such a great area with such great people. We then ran around to say bye to the recent converts which was really really hard. We had a very interesting experience too. We taught a family and the wife Arleide and her son Vinicus were baptized and we did everything for her husband to be baptized and go to church, but nothing ever happened. They called us and while the husband called us he began to cry. He said sorry for never going to church, and while he was crying he promised us that he would go to church this Sunday. I did not expect that, but transfers are inspired.

Yes, I would like to get the macbook instead of the other macs. I really like the organization that the macbook has, it has really good feedback on how long it lasts, and I have been talking to Elder Harmon who has one and he has convinced me. That 13 incher is great!!!!

How was the marathon Dad? Cassie how was the 1/2 marathon? I am very proud of you two finishing the marathon!!! You two inspire me to be better!

I love you all very much!!!!


Elder Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment