Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Baptisms and a new companion!!

May 21st, 2012

FAMILIA!

Dad Parabens with your marathon! Running and finishing in 3:39 is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!! You should see the looks that I get when I tell people that you are running your 15th marathon! And when I convert the 26 miles to kilometers for them to understand it is funny. Someone this week was doubting that running 26.2 miles was possible! I told her that for me its impossible but for my superman dad its a piece of cake! I love seeing the reactions of people here when I show them pictures of us playing tennis, and the photo of mom and I doing the tri athalon! People don't believe that you two are old enough to be my parent :) They think that you are brothers and sister! ha And everything thinks that it is really cool how much our family works out and exercises! GO FAMILY!

So this week we had some BAPTISMS! It was a pretty darn crazy experience! So in the morning on Saturday we went and cleaned the font and we filled it up to the top! We left to teach some more and then we came back at 7 o'clock that night to prepare a little for the baptism at 7 30! We put all the chairs in place and get all the hymn books out and then we waited for the people to come! It was a good turn out and we got all ready for the baptism. The moms were there with the cameras and everyone was ready! So we started the meeting and we got to the part of the baptism. I went to baptise first one of the young men and I opened the door and my jaw dropped to the floor! The water was GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just stared and I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Ok, it wasn't all gone but there was about one foot of water left! I stopped and thought for a second! I was really happy that in the CTM we went over tons of situations that could happen during baptism. So I explained to the young men that we will stand and I will say the prayer and then after they will just have to lay completely down in the water. :) The water was just enough to do that. So we went right ahead and it worked perfectly! ha The baptisms were great and they were all confirmed on Sunday as well! It was an awesome experience!

I am glad that you liked the song that we sang haha Must of been inspiration to sing it for you all. And last week I sent the lyrics so you can read them. There is a scripture in there and a phrase in Portuguese :) Dad, that is awesome that you could understand what we were saying! That is really impressive! haha

So there is an elder here that is from Spokane that is returning this next week. His name is Elder Garcia and he is really awesome! He said that he will be going to the temple in Richland this next month and so I gave him your number and our address. I am going to send some pictures home to give to you all. And I told him that you would make him lunch or something.... haha Sorry I said that but you will love him! I told him to call and see when everyone is home! I wen on a division with him and he is a really good missionary!

But I love you all and I hope that everything is going great at home!

Elder Heath

May 28th, 2012

Hey Family!!!

Oh man a Bridal shower!!!!!!!!! That is crazy that Jessica and Todd are getting married! Marriage for me still seems a little distant in the future haha But I'm happy that the shower went well and that they opened a bread shop near costco! You should tell them to make SWEET BREAD! There is this sweet bread that almost every bread shop here makes! It has some sugar glaze on top and coconut! OH MY GOODNESS IT IS DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha It doesn't go exactly with the healthy thing but its so good!

Congrats on the 26 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so blessed to have such amazing parents. You two are the best example that I ever could of asked for! Have fun in Salem (try to avoid any black cats or witches ha) and dont kill dad with all that pollen in the air ;)

ha I liked the joke that you made dad... that it has been a year sense I have worked! hahaha On September 7th I learned the real meaning of work haha. But ya, the time has passed so fastly!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems like I was at home training just the other day with you all. We don't receive money for being a missionary but seeing a family change their lives and watching others receive blessing from the gospel doesn't have a price.

21 days ago we found a family that had never been to church and had never really had a faith. When we came in the first thing they said was we are not going to church with the Mormons and you can try but we will never wear those goofy shirts and ties to church. haha this family has not missed a Sunday of church and this last friday we helped them be married in the central of Fortaleza, and then on Saturday we helped them fufil a covanent with their Heavenly Father through baptism. It was a really special day, and this family is so awesome! They have such big desires to go to church and to follow every single commandment. It was kinda funny when we were going to their wedding they were so nervous! They have been living together for 12 years and they have an awesome family but they had the wedding nerves. It was pretty funny to see. I ca'nt even imagine when it will be my turn, I am super excited! But after the baptism I was talking with the father of the family and I asked him how he felt. He looked at me with teary eyes and said`` this feeling I have is enough to beieive in everything`` (rough translation) haha It was really special and I got a little teary eyed as well.  After we had dinner at their house and they were telling us about how 21 days ago they didn't want to go to church, never thought in being married, paying tithing, following commandments.... then you guys came and 21 days later you two did all of this! haha It was funny but I love this family so much!

The food is pretty calm here in my area, but there is tons of ice cream! Of all kinds, chocolate, fruits, all!

I love you all and I know that Christ lives!

Elder Heath

p.s. I also have a new companion!!!! Elder LINS!!!!!!!!! he is a Brazilian and I just meet him 2 hours ago. I don't know much but he is SUPER SMART! He is a computer programmer and he seems like a good missionary. He has 1 year and 8 months! so one more year than me! I will let you know more next week! love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment