Monday, June 24, 2013

The Gospel Can Change Lives!

        Elder Heath with President and Sister Souza, Fortaleza, Brazil Mission
        Branden's Companion  Elder Sampaio breaking open a coconut.


June 24, 2013

Family,

This week was fantastic!

On Sunday I was not able to attend the training because we had the last dinner for 18 missionaries at Presidentes house. I have only heard good things about the video, and Presidente said that we can look it up on the internet when we get home. ha It was a very special moment to be together with the missionaries that will go home this transfer. Many of them are my best friends on the mission and I felt very privileged to be there with them. We had a dinner at Presidentes house and then we had the best meeting of the night. Each one of these spiritual giants bore their testimony. It is incredible to feel the spirit of these amazing missionaries that have about finished their mission. I was called to bare my testimony too, because I will be going to the other mission. I love baring my testimony!!! We found out too that during the training that passed my companion appeared twice!!! Elder Reynolds! He is from Toppenish, Wa. He appeared with his suitcases, and also when he received his name tag!!! What a stud!

This week we had a spiritual experience that I would like to share with all of you. We met a woman and her son through a member two weeks ago. We went to teach her this last Friday and while we conversed with her she said with tears falling down... she had just returned from a burial of her oldest son that was killed because of drug involvement. She continued to explain that just four months earlier her husband was taken too because of the same problem with drugs. She was desperate to find comfort, and when we opened the scriptures to 2 Nephi 9 the feeling in the room completely changed. We explained about the atoning sacrifice that happened 2000 years ago and her tears ceased. We told her exactly where her son and husband are, and why this has all happened. But the real change happened when we spoke of the atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that he died for us, and that his eternal love is felt through the challenges in our lives. He suffered the sacrifice that we couldn’t, so we could have the life he didn’t. Because of that sacrifice we all have the chance to return and live with him.

I love being able to share that message with others! I love being a missionary!

Elder Heath



No comments:

Post a Comment