Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Best Young Men's President!

August 5, 2013

Family,

There is a feeling that is passing through my heart after reading this e-mail... EXCITMENT!!! These next couple of weeks are going to be some of the best weeks in my life!

Thanks for the marriage tips, I will defiantly pass them to our couple that are preparing to be baptized! It’s not that I am tired of being single... because I am 19.... wait 21 years old!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?! ha I just love seeing married couples and seeing how they are so happy with their families. It is my goal, but this goal is not rushed... I have until Christmas ;) They are doing better every time that they go to church and participate of the ward activities. We have marked their weeding for the 16th of Aug, and the baptism on the same day!

On the 17th there will be a ward activity happening where all the members are going to the beach to have a picnic. Then the 18th while I will be having dinner with President Fusco and his family, They will both be confirmed as members of the church. Thank you so much for the prayers and please continue. We are doing our best to have FHE at their house and send member couples to visit them. When we passed there Sunday morning, I was very happy to see a member there already reading the Book of Mormon together with them. The ward where we are is great! Our bishop works really hard and our leaders are amazing! Our young mens leader is such a great example for everyone. I took a picture of him because I will send his story to the liahona! He was a leader in the baptist church but when he said a prayer and asked if the church was true he changed everything. Everyone rejected him and he continued the happiest man on the earth! He shortly after was called to be a young mens presidente! For three years he gets on his bike 2 hours before church and gets every young man out of bed and brings them to church. He goes around getting more and more people until he has a group of 25 bikes following him. Some members have trouble getting to church 5 min before, and Brother Luis gets there early every week, after waking up 25 young men which is not easy.

We had several missionaries that are getting ready to go home because of injuries, and it is very easy to get sad and depressed. We are calling these missionaries every day with a scripture, or a how are you? to help them.

About the next assistant, I did a report for Presidente Fusco about the missionaries that I feel are ready and why. He said thanks and took the report. It is tradition on the mission to only know who will be what, and who your companion is the day of transfers. So I don’t think I will find out who the next assistant will be. But I have a good feeling about who it will be. This week is full of meetings!!! I am at President Fuscos house right now for the whole day!!! (it is very nice here!!!) We are going to have meetings all day, and eat lunch whit his family. We are going to prepare a mission training for the zone leaders, and then we are going to have three zone conferences this week where we will train the missionarios as well. I have a feeling that his week is going to FLY BY!!!

This last week we did divisions with the missionaries and we had a week full of WORK!!! We wake up in the morning thinking about who will be baptized this week, and go to bed thinking about who will be baptized the next week. Elder Sampaio is helping me a lot with the work and staying focused. He sings ``the end is coming`` every day and tells all the members that I am going home tomorrow. haha

Yesterday I was able to bare my testimony to our ward. I felt really good being able to see my testimony grow so much in these two years. I think before my mission I had lots of beliefs and hopes. But here on the mission I have gained a testimony that these things are true. I have seen them work in my life and the lives of others. More importantly I have felt the truth of the church and the doctrines. I didn’t even cry ;) Following me my companion Elder Sampaio bore his testimony and it really touched me. He isn’t the type to say thanks, or share his feelings with me. But he began to cry and said thanks for everything that I have taught him and for everything that we have done together. I was very surprised and happy to hear his testimony.

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!




Elder Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment