Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Stopped by a Policeman in a Humvee!

July 29, 2013

Clark, Becky, Cassie, Danielle, Trevor,

Thank you for the wonderful letter this week. Sounds like everything is calming down a little, the last couple of weeks of summer are coming up! I am very excited to see the new Josh. I was in the MTC together with him at the beginning of the mission. I have changed a lot here on the mission and so I just imagine everyone else as well. I heard this week that Caleb got engaged too!!! That is crazy! I have lots of work to do when I get back from the mission.

This afternoon we arrived in the office and Presidente said, I hope you haven't eaten lunch!!! I already knew that was a good sign. He took us to a Steak house that was REALLY NICE! We went together with his family. I have not been to a place like this in so long! I am so used to the restaurants that sell all you can eat for $3, When they brought hot towels for us to clean our hands before we ate I knew something was different! I tried for the very first time sushi too! Wow it was GOOD!!!!!!!! I can still feel the burn of wasabi on my tongue! We arrived there and Presidente Fusco explained why he took us to eat with his family. He told us that our work this last week was worth a trip to Disneyland(Here in Brasil that is a BIG thing) haha. We worked our tails off this week, President Gave us a goal and we Passed it in our numbers of baptisms and all of the other numbers. I didn't know that our work would result in this kind of treatment! By the time I get home I will have gained some pounds eating at this restaurant! ;)

We had a wonderful meeting with Elder Godoy this week. It inspired the missionaries and he was able to explain in more details about the missionary and member work. We are working as a team now and the results are a lot higher. After the meeting Elder Godoy called me to have a personal interview which was very special. It was great to learn from him and see his example.

We have several missionaries that are on a list for my replacement :( . through Prayer and the divisions I have been able to narrow that list down to three missionaries that I will pass to Presidente Fusco with a description about every missionary. He will Pray about it and Choose who it will be. On the divisions the missionaries only ask me trunky questions... haha. What is the first thing that you will do when you get home? Did you know you will be able to date in 4 weeks? I had a missionary ask me, What does it feel like to end your mission? I haven't even thought about these things, and on the divisions I was thinking.... hmmm what is it like? What will I do? haha

This week we have Zone Conferences. We are going to do it a little different this week. We are going to pair up twio zones and do a smaller zone conference instead of everyone together. So Elder Sampaio and I are goin to prepare our training to give to the zones. We learned from Elder Godoy about teaching principles to the missionaries. If you want a missionary to teach more new investigators you don't tell the missionary in his face to do more new investigators, but you teach about Work, or Diligence and so while he is listening the spirit can touch him and guide him to what he really needed to change.

We had a pretty crazy experience this week too. We were walking in one of the more dangerous areas of town and while we were walking, a police car (humve) screeched to a stop at our side. They rolled down the window and yelled, Where are you going!. I was thinking alright, these guys are going to try to send me back to the states! My companion was thinking, they think we have drugs in our backpack. Elder Sampaio answered quickly I don't know where we are going. haha The police man said, you don't know? They in a calmer voice he said come on in, we will give you a ride. I looked at the man in the front with a shotgun in his hands and thought.... ok. haha We found out that the driver is a member that always gives rides to missionaries. It is a hobby to scare missionaries haha.

We have a special couple that we are working with that are very dedicated to the church. They are going to all of the activities and going to church. We planned their weeding for here in a couple weeks. They are having some troubles with fighting over little things though. If you all could pray for them that would be great. But they have gained a testimony that when they go to church they don't fight, but when they miss church the little fights start.

There is another couple that will get married after I leave. They are very in love with the other, but we are helping them to stop smoking. We bought everything that we could think of to substitute the smoking and we found a cure!!! Oranges!!! Everytime that they hae the urge to smoke they drink orange juice!!! It is working too! They have been praying a lot and eating lots of oranges and the want to smoke is passing! WOO HOO!!!

I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week!!!

Elder Heath

P.S The money was perfect, I am learning how to go a long way with little money. And Elder Sampaio is the expert in negotiating too so that helps ;




No comments:

Post a Comment