Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Awesome Visitors...

Oi familia!
Como Vai! Man this week just seems like it flew by! I never really understood what Dakota and Kenton were talking about when they said that days feel like weeks and weeks feel like days. Man, I know what they mean now! I am having the time of my life here! The MTC is like no other place I have ever been. The spirit is here non stop, and with the guys in my district, the spirit is so strong! Thanks a ton for the package! Those I can't believe that you remembered that I wanted some crinkles! Those and all the other treats are so good, and keep me going on these long study days. I love all the letters I am getting from everyone! It sounds like everything is going great at home, and that there is still music ringing in the halls... maybe even shaking the walls with Trevor's sax playing! What are you playing these days bro? I cant wait to hear you play! Danielle!!!! Thanks for the letter! Keep them coming :) I'm glad that you received your patriartical blessing! How is tennis going? I miss tennis already! For gym time, I suggested that they put in some tennis courts :) Our District is dominating at volleyball, and basketball here is so much fun! I get to play with Elder Cashiotti all the time! He is learning to speak Portuguese as well, so we have fun talking to each other. Last week on friday our district tried to "Falamos Suas Lingua" where you go all day only speaking your language. Normally people don't do that till the last week, but we decided to try it. Man it was tough!!!!!!!!!!! We didn't really realize how about 95% of our vocab is gospel talking, which was great in class and went well. But our day started with gym at 6:30am basketball, and I had no idea how to ask for the ball, or how to communicate with my teammates. I just ran around saying, "Aqui!, Aqui!" haha it was fun though, and talking to people at lunch was interesting:) we basically bore our testimonies the whole time, and talked about the first couple of lessons, because that is all we know how to say :) It is coming really fast though! I have Joseph Smith's first vision memorized in Portuguese, and I'm working on the Purpose of the missionary. I Love Portuguese so much! So to answer some questions... the investigator that we have been teaching, isn's a real investigator in a sense. It is our RM teacher that acts like someone that she taught when she was on her mission on brazil. So she is doing the exact things that Silvana did to her. It is amazing how emotional we get with the lessons. We have been trying to get her to go to church, but she keeps saying she is busy. And even though we know that she is not a real investigator, it still makes us so sad. But we got her to finally go, and she is preparing for baptism this next week! We got so excited! All three of us love teaching and have a really good time with it. So we joined the Missionary choir here and wow! that is the only way to describe the way it sounds. Pretty much like 70% of the MTC is in the choir. I get chills everytime we sing! We had M. Russel Ballard come talk to us last Tuesday too! It was pretty cool to see him so close! He is a really powerful speaker! I have been taking lots of pictures... but we cant figure out how to e-mail them so I might just have to print some out and send some home. OH!!!!!!!!!!! I almost forgot! I had a visitor last week! As I was walking to dinner I looked up, and there was this man standing in the corner looking super sharp! It was DALLIN! We had dinner and it was so awesome to see him, and get to hear a little about the outside world. That was an awesome surprise! I have not heard anything about my visa yet... I was told we get called down to the travel office about a week before we leave, so we will see. I know one guy in my mission that just heard he is finishing up his MTC in Brazil! We all want to get sown there, but we all love it here so much too! I will definitely keep you posted on any changes.
I love you so much! And I know that this Church is true! I love waking up every morning at 6:20 because every day I learn so much and have a blast!
I'm out of time, but I love you and want to thank you for all of your support. I am so blessed to have such an awesome family, and such awesome friends...
P.S. have you heard from any of those letters? I have not received any letters back.

No comments:

Post a Comment