Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Updates!

Oi familia! Como vai! Eu dormo muito bom Ultimo noite, e tem animados por que eu tem um nove componhero ojhe!!! (not sure how to spell that :)
So this past week we had one Elder in our group receive his VISA! Elder Baldwin is heading down to Brasil today. Because he is heading down, I am going to take over with his companion because we were in a three some. So My new companion is Elder Sherrill, he is from california. But for most of his life he lived on Kawai at Lihue, so just a little ways away from Betsy! He is such a good hard working Elder and it's going to be a blast!
So this last week some pretty awesome things have happened... I ran into some friends, or more of cassies friends :) I found out that Jon Burrup works here, and I sat in on one of his workshops that he taught! It is always really nice to see a familiar face! When we were talking, I had just got done with teaching a lesson in portuguese, and so portuguese was running atraves my head and he asked me a question, but I seriously could not think of the words to say in english to respond. It was really weird, but at the same time really awesome! The Language is coming really fast, and I am learning about 20 new words a day. It is really fun to go up to the guys that have only been here one or two days and just go off in portuguese. One of the cool things is walking around campus and just listening in all of the rooms to all the different languages that are being spoken here. We have a lot of japanese speaking Elders across the hall... and man I have it so easy with portuguese compared to them.
Dad, the other day I meet one of my buddies from college here, and he speaks spanish. So we tried having a spanish/portuguese conversation, and we could understand eachother pretty well! So we are going to have to see how much we can understand eachother one of these days!
I Also saw Danika's older sister here at dinner last night(sister Montgomery). I dont know if I have ever really talked to her, but it was nice chatting for a little bit:)
So our First investigator (silvana) is preparing for baptism this saturday and we are so excited! She had been having problems with the word of wisdom and didnt want to give up her coffee. So last friday I went into the cafateria and grabbed a bunch of hot coca packets as another drink instead of coffee, and on friday told silvana that hot cocoa is so much better than coffee. So when we meet with her this week she said that she had been drinking the hot cocoa and no coffee! We were so happy, and she said that she felt so good inside, and that she feels more awake and and more happy everyday! It was so awesome! So after that we had a little testimony meeting and there was such a strong good feeling in the room. After Silvana bore her testimony nos tem muito ANIMADOS!!!!!!! It is honsetly the best feeling I have ever felt. When you know that you have helped someone change their life for the better, and you can see how happy they are with teh teachings of the gosple in their lives! I love it!
So on another note... we are building up a rep here at the mtc! We are undefeated in beachvolleyball! And we have our rivals, the Tongans! I never knew beach volleyball was so much fun! I wish I could of played with cam this last summer.... darn work.
I love you all so much and will talk to you soon!
Elder Heath
P.S. The bookstore just got moved, and so I will be printing off pictures and sending some home soon :)
P.S.S. I am not sure what the official rules are for my Dakine backpack. But my backpach already ripped. And when the lady sold it to me she said we could trade it in for a backpack of the same or less price. So if you can trade it in for a black/ smallish backpack and send it to me... that would be awesome! Thanks a ton! and preferably with the straps like my green one had :)

No comments:

Post a Comment