Monday, July 15, 2013

The Secret is Out!

July 15, 2013

BAHAMAS CRUISE AT THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I was so confused with that hint..... I couldn’t remember what I asked last week. I began to write the letters Bahamas..... wait...... WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is going to be so much fun!!!! Is the whole Miskho family going? You two are very sneaky!!! haha That is the best birthday present ever!!!

Thank you so much for the gift too, to know that my family was playing tennis and drinking 7-11 slurpies makes my day!!! I have not been able to go play tennis here yet. It is a little expensive, here is Brasil tennis is the rich person sport. We are going to contact the owner, and teach him and after he is baptized I am planning on playing tennis ;) The $100 was perfect too! I have learned where and how to buy things cheap here!!! Give the money to my Brasillian companion, tell him what I want and when he asks the price it usually is $20 cheaper haha

I am feeling very good as a 21 year old!!! I am very happy that I am able to share everything that I have learned over these past two years with the other missionaries too. There are many missionaries that are on fire too! I feed off their fire!!! And those missionaries that don’t have so much fire and energy, I am putting all that I have in them during these last couple of weeks!

This week our marathon of divisions was awesome! Elder Sampaio and I were able to train and help many Zone leaders on how to encourage and inspire their missionaries. Together we are going to lift this mission up! I had a really neat experience too! I did a division in an area that I have never been to called Jose Walter. While I was there we went and taught a family. We walked in and I recognized everyone in the house. The mom looked at me and said, Elder Heath??? She ran to give me a hug, and I put my hand out just in the nick of time. ha This was a family that Elder Matos and I began to teach in my first area. They were waiting on a divorce to get married and baptized. But because of some complications they had to move and I lost contact. I found out that the divorce is finally coming through after 2 years!!! And they will finally be baptized! They have been going to church ever since we taught them, just waiting on the divorce!!! I had to hold back the tears. It is incredible to think, how many people that we don’t even know have been changed or have been baptized because of our work. That just makes me even more excited to teach everyone I see!!!

We have been praying a lot and asking for lots of help in our work and in our success. We have little time in our area, but we need to be the examples with the best numbers, and baptisms every week. We have a testimony of miracles this week. We made a contact of a woman that has already been prepared for baptism, and she just moved to our area!!! And we met a couple that is already married, and they went to church and loved it! We are going to hold their baptism this next week! They are such an adorable couple too! They are very humble people but they love each other very much!!! We also met another couple that has been passing some problems. They went to church, and they didn’t fight the whole week! We invited them to get married legally, and they are going with us this Thursday to start the marriage process!!! I can only be grateful for all of the blessings that we are receiving! Faith+ Work= Miracles! We are working the hardest ever, praying for help, and the only thing that we are seeing are miracles!!!

The mission is changing a lot with Presidente Fusco. He expects a lot more of us and is pushing everyone to their limits. I am really grateful for that, I don’t even have time to think about home, it is just WORK WORK WORK!!!! And I LOVE IT! I hope that you all have a great rest of the week! Let’s start working on our tans for the Bahamas!!! I already got from the neck up, and the elbows down, just need a little more! haha

Our new mission address is
Missão Brasil Fortaleza Leste
Rua República da Armênia, 765
Agua Fria, Fortaleza, CE 60821-760
Brasil

P.S. Do they sell turkey in the Bahamas? haha

Elder Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment