Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Letter 2 from the Brazil MTC

Here's a picture of Branden and his district with the President of the CTM. Doesn't it look beautiful there?
O man! I must of gotten here at the perfect time! Haha I am going to have to figure out this e mail thing. I have emails from about 5 missionaries and only 30 min. Sorry if this is a little short today!

Oi meu familia! (Hello family!)

So this week has been crazy! I am starting the last full week of my mtc time! And it started with a BANG! On monday we had our first opportunity to roam the streets of Sau Paulo and go Proselyting! It was probably one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life! We were just walking up and down streets, and that first person we stopped and talked to was the hardest! I remember reading somewhere that someone said you just have to get the first one over with... So Elder Cornwell and I just walked up to the first person we saw, right across the street of the CTM and started talking to him. It was pretty clear that he didn't want to listen to what we had to say, so he shut us down pretty fast. But after that it got a lot easier! It was amazing! WE were walking around and we walked past this shop and there was a lady working in there, and Once we walked past I had this feeling that we needed to go back and so we did. She said that she has been wanting to talk to the missionaries and she was glad we came back! That was the first book of Mormon that we placed and man it was a good one! We gave three more out that day as well. I wish I could tell you about all of them but I'm running out of time. We had a BEST TWO YEARS moment as well. So the third guy that we talked to, we started our lesson in portuguese. And I had a mind blank in portuguese and right when I had my mind blank he said... do you speak english? in english haha And it took me a second to take in and comprehend what he said. Then I said I think so! haha It turns out that he has been studying english for 8 years! IT was good to talk in english haha

Well, Dad I wrote you a letter back in portuguese and sent it in the mail today so you should get it in about a week.

I love you all and cant wait to hear from you! I thought of one more thing for christmas... shoe things to make shoes smell better haha

I love you and I am headed to Fortaleza the 7th! I hear elder Bednar is going to be there too! Super cool!

Elder Heath

No comments:

Post a Comment