Tuesday, December 6, 2011

This weeks update.

Opa familia!

Sounds like another week the Heath family is doing great in kennewick! There were a couple of questions that Ill start off by answereing. So, on P-day we like to play ultimate frisbee a lot, but im not a huge fan. So I talked the elders into playing some volleyball this week! It seems like soccer and volleyball are the main sports here in brazil. Did I tell you about how we cant play soccer? It's kinda dumb and there is a soccer fiesld on every corner here but we kinda found out why this week. We were just walking past a soccer field this week and something happened, I think a player was trying to slide tackle and missed the ball and took out the other player. Then that started a fight on the field. These Brazilians are HARD CORE when it comes to soccer! They are soooooo good, and I want to play with them, but rules are for our safety :)

Danielle and Trevor you two want to go snowboarding! That is so SWEET! Snowboarding tis the best place on earth! If you two want to use my stuff, go for it! Danielle my green pants would look pretty sweet on you :) haha That is one thing I think I would really miss about living in brazil... all the things that you can do with snow! Snowboarding, snow cones, snow fights.... So, enjoy the snow while you have it :) And mom, dad, its never too late to strap those skiis back on :)

So this week was a week of hard work! We had a lot of poeple that we taught that loved talking to us, but dont really want to act on anything we say. It is really sad when that happenes. All the people here a re so nice and I hate seeing all of the blessings that they could have if they would try for themselves to come closer to christ. WE had an awesome lesson with a less active family that has not been to church in a little over a year. And they said they would come back to church and they said that that day was the first time in a year that they have felt the love of God in their home. It really shows the power behind the message that we share. They came to church and wanted us to come back as soon as possible, and so they invited us over for lunch! It is awesome to see them all together at church with smiles on their faces!

One of my favorite things to do in the streets as we are walking is to jump into little soccer juggling games haha Every street there are kids playing and they love the missionaries! I am nothing compared to them, but it is fun to join and play a little soccer in the streets with the kids! I love talking to them in portuguese and convincing them that I am a Brazillian haha A lot of the time they actually believe me, which boosts my day haha And there are also the kids that run up to us and say Fala ingles! (speak english) and it is all good most of the time, I like teaching them words in english... but when we are in the middle of talking to someone, making a contact and a group of 8 kids run up saying speak inglish is kida frustrating sometimes. haha but, I love the kids here! So awesome!

Mom, you were talking about how the missionaries used the example of the gosple of Jesus Christ is like a piece of plywood, and the 2 nails are the Book of Mormon and the Bible! Haha that is so funny... That is one of my favorite object lessons! I use that almost everytime explaining about the Book of Mormon! haha I like that and another one, where you and your investigator makes a fist. Your fist represents God and theirs represents them. You then move your hand and have them follow your hand which is easy when they can see your hand(God) But we cant see god so you have them close their eyes and try to follow your fist and it is really impossible. But then you take a pen which represents Prophets, and put the pen in your fist and their fist and we can follow God through prophets. BEcause prophets speak face to face with God (Exodus 33:11) and through them we can follow God with exactness. I love object lessons!

Well everything here in Brazl is awesome! I love meetong all of the members in our ward and meeting everyone else too! I still cant understand everyone and have to knodd my head sometimes but Im starting to really pick up on how to listen for key words and not focusing on everyword. It is helping a lot :) Sometimes I answer questions taht they didnt ask...ha but hey, knowing answers to more questions isnt a bad thing :)

I love you all, and I am sending a christmas letter this week, so I hope that it gets to you in time! I love you all tons!

Elder Heath

P.S. here are some pictures of my area, sitse sau juao! :) Are you getting all my pictures? Hope you like them!






Some of these pictures are from last week's e-mail... but I wasn't able to get them added until this week. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment