Monday, April 1, 2013

EASTER SUNDAY...A GREAT SUCCESS!



APRIL 1, 2013

FAMILA!!!!

I love so much hearing from you all!!! I will respond to the questions first then I will tell you all about the miracles that happened here this week!!!

I love the classes that you chose! It is really interesting how you all read my mind on the classes. I have wanted to take anatomy and also a Portuguese class!!! Thank you so much everyone that helped with my classes and housing. It is incredible how much I can rely on you all!!! Thanks a ton! If it is possible to start at 9 that would be better. SO, I can wake up at 6:30 study the scriptures, review class material and then go to class.... Thanks so much!!! And if it is possible to get a p-day (day without classes) that would be great.... Could you send me some pictures of my apartment where I will live? I am super excited to live with DOM!!!!! If I could get in a high (I assume he means advanced) tennis class too that would be great!!! SO I can get better!!!

This week I want you all to know that you have made a difference. The power of a family was used this week when we were teaching a new family!!! There is a family that wants to be baptized but the wife is fearful of getting married!!! She has been together with her family for 10 years. So I told her that God does not want her to feel fear. I thought, what can I teach her to help her change her mind? So I looked at my bag and saw my pictures! I grabbed the picture that we have where everyone is jumping like in high school musical. I told her to look at that picture and tell me if that is what she wants for her family. She just stared at the picture.... and said yes. And right when she said that her husband (at her side) said Leonia, Will you marry me? It was an amazing feeling!!! And she looked at him and said yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have never seen a proposal up close before.... but now I am ready here in a little to do the same :) I’m not going to lie; I was pretty excited to get married after that! But this week we are going to help them get married, because of our beautiful family that is so happy and such a great example!!!!!

This Easter Sunday... O domingo de PÁscoa! had some good points and bad..... we went to get some families to visit the church and all of them were ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had three whole families and a grandpa that visited the church!!! Elder Lopes and I felt so cool walking into the church and using two rows with investigators! Our members are perfect and helped all of them the whole day! Our bishop was very happy! We had the best feeling because he told us we are transforming this ward. It was a dream come true!!! The bad part is when we got to church... our family where we would eat lunch gave us 20 bucks......... to use on Sunday......... haha. But we didn’t buy anything and another family adopted us to eat with them.

Sunday night we visited another family and we had a very spiritual experience.... with a mom and her son Arleide and Vinicios. They have been visiting the church a couple weeks now and they have been loving it! But they never wanted to accept a baptismal date. We went there and spoke about the Atonement and that was exactly what she needed! She accepted after learning about the love that Christ has for her!!! It was very special!!!

About the marathon... if it is possible I would like to do the half marathon if everything works out. I was only able to run once this week.... no one wants to run at 6 30 haha but I am jumping lots of rope!!!

Dad, This week while I was riding the bus... I heard LUTHER VANDROSS TWO TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was singing inside the bus And I loved every min!!!!

I love you so much,

Elder Heath

Trev, sorry I didn’t have time this week to write ya, next week I’ll give you an update!!

No comments:

Post a Comment